Thursday, July 24, 2008

Guess who's back!


After 3 whole weeks of being on the lam, we had a hilarious surprise tonight. Hank came home! He ran away the Thursday before 4th of July and tonight he was returned via a super sweet neighbor (Thanks, Lizzie!) who had seen him sporadically during his adventures. Hannah Kate has been calling him and talking about him nonstop so I decided that the best thing to say was that he was on a great adventure (really thinking much worse things) and simplified for a 17- month old "Hankie's gone". What a fun surprise HK will have tomorrow morning when she sees this crazy little dog. Well, he stinks and is covered in filth (and I can't wait to hear about his travels) so off to the bath we go.

4 comments:

The Hitts said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I can't believe he came home after that long. Thank goodness he had a safe return. If only Hank could talk and tell you were he's been.

E. Hooker said...

I know ya'll are soooo glad Hank is back!!! I am sure he had a grand time while he was gone...

Tripp, Natalie, Emma, and Hamp said...

Dear family,

While I was gone I had so much fun. I ran and played with so many new friends and even met a very nice man who runs daily without a shirt and loves yellow cars (He was a hottie!)...He let me run with him. I chased cars even the mailman once or twice. That is something you would never let me do. I peed on everything and anything while never being told "HANK...get down" "HANK get out of that chair" "HANK don't leave your ** tracks there". Also, during my entire adventure I never met the sole of a size 13...IT WAS GREAT!!! I was FREE! That was until last night when some crazy lady dragged me back to this He** hole. I hope you are happy now. It is back to being yelled at and kicked in the ribs, while a little rugrat pulls on my ears and sticks her fingers you know where. THANKS LADY!

Love, Hank

Steve and I .... said...

HA! I love the letter from "Hank" BUT I didn't drag him back. He was outside your house most nights when I went for a walk, but those nights, you guys weren't home. Anyway, Hank wasn't chasing that guy with the yellow car and his shirt off (he is something isn't her). No Hank was chilling at his girlfriend's house most days. :) The owners of that female yellow lab are really happy about his visits. ha! I'm glad HK has her playmate back.

Oh and the playground at our church (First Baptist)is always shaded. It is a really nice, safe place. BUT, I know school is starting soon...so I assume playground days are over. Hey, there's always Saturdays! :)

-Lizzie