Monday, December 29, 2008
We have had such a fun Christmas season....preparing for Christmas and celebrating it! We watched our nephew, Mark III, play the cutest role in his Christmas show---he was Santa! We helped decorate Christmas cookies with friends. We celebrated Christmas with both sides of the family....and Santa stopped by our house! It's just been a whirlwind around here and we've loved every minute of it.
Posted by The Hookers at 12:26 PM
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
I've been meaning to post a few comical interchanges with Hannah Kate recently....
1. This morning while I was getting ready in our bathroom, Hannah Kate was perusing through her dad's closet. Hanging to the right side of his door are his ties. "Daddy's bibs!" I heard her announce proudly as she tugged on them.
2. A few weeks ago, I was hurriedly trying to get everyone moving towards the door and out in time one morning. I always call, "Come on, Hank" to get him headed for the laundry room, where he stays while we're gone. And he wasn't coming so I kept prodding, "Come on, Hank". I scooped up HK's bag, her jacket, her milk, her breakfast, my purse, my jacket and was looking for my keys as we swept through the kitchen. I was also toting HK in my arms....when she spotted a little crucifix that we kept on the kitchen counter. "Come on, Jesus" I heard her say and her little fingers grasped Him up during our exodus. "That's right, Hannah Kate. We do need to ask Jesus to come with us this morning," was all I could manage to get out. Profound.
Posted by The Hookers at 7:44 AM
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 11:33 AM
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
(Pictures are in reverse order...still can't get the hang of uploading them the right way....sorry)
Posted by The Hookers at 6:43 PM
Monday, October 13, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 3:24 PM
Monday, October 6, 2008
It was such a pretty morning on Saturday. Hannah Kate and Gigi started the day out walking around the yard listening to the birds sing. She decided that she needed to be closer to the birds so we perched her in the tree to sit a spell.
Then we loaded up and headed up the Natchez Trace to I-U-K-A! Grandmother Hooker, Lee, Shelia, and David were waiting for our arrival. Mark III, Mary Glenn, Mimi, and Papaw had arrived earlier that day. The Hookers were having a reunion picnic on Sunday so it gave us all a nice excuse to head up to visit. G-mother Hooker gave HK a tutu and we were finally able to peel it off of her as she drifted off to sleep that night.
Sunday, we had a Hooker family gathering in the mineral springs park downtown. It was ideal for the kids with lots of play area and great slides! There were the nicest playgrounds hidden in the shade of these great oak trees. And, according to Hooker, there used to be 7 mineral springs that ran up in the park... we could still see where they used to flow out but now it's just city water.
There was even an old covered bridge adjacent to the park. It was such a quaint little town with lots of aesthetic value. Very cute place to visit. And lots of generations gathered to spin yarns and share the Sunday afternoon.
Posted by The Hookers at 7:16 PM
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 7:49 PM
Sunday, September 7, 2008
- Feeding the ducks
- Playing at the neatest indoor playground
- The cute caterpillar cake!
- Birthday Girl and her cake
Posted by The Hookers at 6:52 PM
Friday, September 5, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 4:57 AM
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 5:59 PM
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 12:11 PM
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 7:56 AM
Sunday, August 17, 2008
When Carrie and I get together! My great friend Cares7 (that's her fun nickname...since once upon a night at the Purple Parrot) and her friend Josh came to play with us this weekend. She's a Natcheezian and he came down from Oxford for some good times in the big Delta. We had a relaxing weekend with lots of giggles. (and some great food....thanks for the doughnuts, Josh!)
I guess it's a matter of opinion...We decided that we were more appropriate than the things it was posted for.
Posted by The Hookers at 8:02 PM
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Posted by The Hookers at 8:18 AM
Posted by The Hookers at 7:58 AM