Friday, July 18, 2008

Cousins and armoires and sunflowers, oh my!

Swimming fun!
Emma loved modeling the hats!
Hannah Kate, well, not quite so much...


We have had an amazing week with my sister, Natalie, and her daughter, Emma, visiting us from Meridian! We have played and laughed eaten great all week! We hit the going out of business sale at Abides and found a great armoire for the living room at an even greater price. And we had the easy part- buying it! We owe a "big thanks" to our very strong Uncle Mark and Hook for moving the two VERY solid pieces into place. (I'll have to post pictures later) We got the girls out early in the mornings for splash time in the pool...let them nap...and then off to shop some more! On our adventure outing, we passed a huge field of sunflowers that made us all smile....had to borrow them for a few pictures! And the eating was Greenville's best! We dined at Fermo's and happened to run in to Uncle Mark, Aunt E, Mattie, Mark and Mary Glenn (mar-mar len as HK says) so we all got to eat together! And as always, Fermo's was just fabulous! Steaks and pasta!! Well, eating good didn't stop here. We also had the chance to take Nat and Em to Doe's and the hot tamales and steak kept coming! Delightful! Good food always makes me so happy! It was such a neat week. We are so lucky to be able to enjoy the summer time with our kids and each other. Now it's time to pack and head over to Columbus this weekend for one of my greatest friends, Carrie's baby shower. I haven't seen her in quite a few months and I just can't wait to see her glow that I know she'll have. She's about 3 weeks away from due date and just has the best attitude. Every time I've asked how she's feeling she can only say great and that she feels that she doesn't have the right to complain because she's just lucky to be expecting! What an attitude- especially for this July heat!

3 comments:

The Weathers said...

sounds like ya'll had a wonderful week! The sunflowers are so pretty! I love my armoire too! We did really good, didn't we?? I LOVE a good sale!!!

OH- I wish i ate that good this week! So jealous!

Tripp, Natalie, Emma, and Hamp said...

You forgot to explain that our steak was a 2 lber...MASSIVE!! We did have a fabulous week...somehow I just think we have started a tradition!! YAY for us!! Thanks for all the hospitality and great eats!!

Anonymous said...

mum get her nappy off and open her legs nice n wide let me see her lil hairlesspussy